How Do You Spell PACHYDERM?
Correct spelling for the English word "pachyderm" is [p_ˈa_tʃ_aɪ_d_ə_m], [pˈat͡ʃa͡ɪdəm], [pˈatʃaɪdəm]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for PACHYDERM
Below is the list of 6 misspellings for the word "pachyderm". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for PACHYDERM
- With his trunk curled high above his great head the big pachyderm was solemnly twirling round and round in a sort of slow waltz and every time he brought a foot down it was with a crash that shook the forest about him - "The Boy Aviators in Africa" by Captain Wilbur Lawton
- The words ought to have scorched him pachyderm though he was - "T. Tembarom" by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- All of them had heard that an ordinary leaden bullet will not penetrate the tough thick skin of the great pachyderm - "Popular Adventure Tales" by Mayne Reid
- The sight of that enormous pachyderm gobbling my mother's cherished handiwork completely upset her - "The Strange Adventures of Mr. Middleton" by Wardon Allan Curtis
- Pachyderm thy name is Woman - "The Fiend's Delight" by Dod Grile