How Do You Spell PACIFYING?
Correct spelling for the English word "pacifying" is [p_ˈa_s_ɪ_f_ˌaɪ_ɪ_ŋ], [pˈasɪfˌa͡ɪɪŋ], [pˈasɪfˌaɪɪŋ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for PACIFYING
Below is the list of 17 misspellings for the word "pacifying". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for PACIFYING
- He utterly refused all reconciliation with his father nor would he even listen to the entreaties of his mother who came over to Ireland under the strongest hopes of pacifying his anger having in every other instance found him a dutiful and obedient son But his pride was not to be conquered and Mrs Swift finding her son inflexible hastened back to Leicester where she continued till her death - "The Lives of the Poets of Great Britain and Ireland (1753),Vol. V." by Theophilus Cibber
- He's doing regular minister's work comforting the sick and picking up the fallen and pacifying the quarrelsome and it's work like that that'll elect him - "Green Valley" by Katharine Reynolds
- It condemned him for the pacifying of a dying man to the murmur and shuffle which was a lie and the lie burnt him contributed to the brand on his race - "The Amazing Marriage, v3" by George Meredith Edition: 10 Language: English
- Balivan had much difficulty in pacifying the little man and making him understand that when he filled the pipe he was thinking of something else which prevented his noticing what he filled it with - "San-Cravate; or, The Messengers; Little Streams" by Charles Paul de Kock
- However he did not succeed in pacifying them but they condemned him by a public vote to be general no more and to pay a fine which is stated at the lowest estimate to have been fifteen talents and at the highest fifty - "Plutarch's Lives, Volume I (of 4)" by Plutarch