How Do You Spell PADUA?
Correct spelling for the English word "padua" is [p_ˈa_d_j_uː_ə], [pˈadjuːə], [pˈadjuːə]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for PADUA
- On his left is St Anthony of Padua and St Sebastian the latter being partly in armour and wearing a fantastic head dress and holding an arrow daintily in one hand - "Great Masters in Painting: Perugino" by George C. Williamson
- St Anthony of Padua and the Child - "The Columbiad" by Joel Barlow
- Bad weather having compelled the authorities to postpone the wonderful wedding until the following Sunday I accompanied M de Bragadin who was going to Padua - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons" by Jacques Casanova de Seingalt
- The Emperor Leopold brother of Marie Antoinette trembled for the safety of his unhappy sister and addressed a letter to the European Courts from Padua on the 6th of July proposing that the Powers should unite to preserve the Royal Family of France from popular violence - "History of Modern Europe 1792-1878" by C. A. Fyffe
- The first signs of an intelligent interest in these plays appeared almost simultaneously at the very beginning of the fourteenth century in the commentary of the English Dominican Nicholas Treveth and in the study of the circle gathered about Lovato di Lovati at Padua - "Tragedy" by Ashley H. Thorndike