How Do You Spell PIRATES?
Correct spelling for the English word "pirates" is [ pˈa͡ɪɹəts] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for pirates
Below is the list of 11 misspellings for the word "pirates". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- prirates (8.0%)
- priates (12.0%)
- pirets (12.0%)
- priate (4.0%)
- pirest (8.0%)
- piretes (8.0%)
- pirats (24.0%)
- pirots (8.0%)
- pirents (8.0%)
- pirait (4.0%)
- piariats (4.0%)
Usage Examples for pirates
- These pirates injure both land seekers and legitimate real- estate men. - "A Stake in the Land" by Peter Alexander Speek
- But the pirates know that, too- it won't be long now, he concluded, grimly. - "Triplanetary" by Edward Elmer Smith
- I brightened up a little at the story of Paul Jones at St. Mary's Isle, because pirates are always nice, and he was classic. - "The Heather-Moon" by C. N. Williamson and A. M. Williamson
- The pirates had been often reduced, but had never been rooted out; and the tribune, A. Gabinius, proposed, therefore, that Pompey should be called upon to do extraordinary things with extraordinary powers. - "The Comic History of Rome" by Gilbert Abbott Becket
- This suited very well with our purpose; so I resolved now that we would leave off being pirates and turn merchants; so we told them what goods we had on board, and that if they would bring their supercargoes or merchants on board, we would trade with them. - "The Life, Adventures & Piracies of the Famous Captain Singleton" by Daniel Defoe