How Do You Spell PROPORTION?
Correct spelling for the English word "proportion" is [ pɹəpˈɔːʃən] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for proportion
Below is the list of 13 misspellings for the word "proportion". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- poportion (1.1%)
- proprtion (12.1%)
- proportuion (1.1%)
- porportion (47.3%)
- perportions (0.5%)
- perportion (2.2%)
- propostion (4.9%)
- propotion (15.9%)
- porpotion (4.4%)
- porpotions (1.1%)
- proporation (1.1%)
- proprotion (1.1%)
- preportion (7.1%)
Usage Examples for proportion
- 3363. What proportion of her line was given in cash? - "Second Shetland Truck System Report" by William Guthrie
- Some have thought to find the beautiful in proportion and this is, in fact, one of the conditions of beauty, but it is not the only one. - "Lectures on the true, the beautiful and the good" by Victor Cousin
- In proportion to the man's means, it was a costly gift, and, except for him, nobody had shown her much consideration since she had left England. - "The Greater Power" by Harold Bindloss W. Herbert Dunton
- The proportion of boys who require " rest" in the holidays, even for the first week or two, is small. - "The School and the World" by Victor Gollancz and David Somervell
- A hollow chuck plate will lose this advantage in proportion as the work covers more of one side of the chuck plate than it does of the other, but in any event it will chuck more true than a rounding one. - "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II" by Joshua Rose