How Do You Spell QUADRANTS?
Correct spelling for the English word "quadrants" is [kwˈɒdɹənts], [kwˈɒdɹənts], [k_w_ˈɒ_d_ɹ_ə_n_t_s]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for QUADRANTS
Below is the list of 36 misspellings for the word "quadrants". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for QUADRANTS
- The quadrants lying about his father's carpenter's shop led him to the study of optics and astronomy his ill health induced him to pry into the secrets of physiology and his solitary walks through the country attracted him to the study of botany and history - "Self Help" by Samuel Smiles
- Hence we find him first making brass scales parallel rulers and quadrants - "James Watt" by Andrew Carnegie
- The educated gentlemen of England have surveyed literature with these time honored old instruments and hordes of them long ago rushed to America with their theodolites and their quadrants in their hands - "Emerson and Other Essays" by John Jay Chapman
- The board was divided into four quadrants and a central square using two sets of parallel lines which formed a large cross in its middle - "The Moghul" by Thomas Hoover
- He could see no use in wearing out quadrants without any necessity for it - "The Monikins" by J. Fenimore Cooper