How Do You Spell RACCOONS?
Correct spelling for the English word "raccoons" is [ɹakˈuːnz], [ɹakˈuːnz], [ɹ_a_k_ˈuː_n_z]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for RACCOONS
- The most probable explanation of the singular and apparently cruel habit of the butcher bird is that it merely places its victims upon the thorns in order to keep them safe from ground ants rats mice raccoons foxes and other preying creatures just as a good cook would hang up her meat or game in the larder to prevent the cats from carrying it off - "Popular Adventure Tales" by Mayne Reid
- 6 Raccoons sleep in the daytime - "Composition-Rhetoric" by Stratton D. Brooks
- There were elk antelope raccoons wolves foxes panthers and many others - "Two Indian Children of Long Ago" by Frances Taylor
- In years before there had been plenty of deer wild turkey raccoons and all sorts of good things but they were very scarce now - "Round-about Rambles in Lands of Fact and Fancy" by Frank Richard Stockton
- The man promised that he would hunt no more raccoons or 'possums or foxes but he said he needed his dogs to hunt deer - "Little Mr. Thimblefinger and His Queer Country" by Joel Chandler Harris