How Do You Spell SACHEMS?
Correct spelling for the English word "sachems" is [s_ˈa_ʃ_ə_m_z], [sˈaʃəmz], [sˈaʃəmz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for SACHEMS
Below is the list of 23 misspellings for the word "sachems". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for SACHEMS
- It is a time for the fifty sachems to use all the knowledge they have gathered in their long lives but we will hear what the Frenchman St Luc has to say even though he belongs to the nation that sent Frontenac against us - "The Hunters of the Hills" by Joseph Altsheler
- The next day a number of sachems came to New Amsterdam and sold to Governor Stuyvesant the remainder of the lands on the Raritan which had not previously been transferred to the Dutch - "Peter Stuyvesant, the Last Dutch Governor of New Amsterdam" by John S. C. Abbott
- There's a great musterin' of the tribes to night and the Sachems will come out with a great talk - "The Attache or, Sam Slick in England, Complete" by Thomas Chandler Haliburton
- The several nations having by this ingenious method become of 'one mind' separately it only remained to compare their several opinions to arrive at the final sentiment of all the sachems of the League - "The Iroquois Book of Rites" by Horatio Hale
- Wherever they appeared the sachems and old men assembled to hear the words of the great Pontiac - "The Conspiracy of Pontiac and the Indian War after the Conquest of Canada" by Francis Parkman