How Do You Spell SADDENING?
Correct spelling for the English word "saddening" is [s_ˈa_d_ə_n_ɪ_ŋ], [sˈadənɪŋ], [sˈadənɪŋ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for SADDENING
Below is the list of 38 misspellings for the word "saddening". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for SADDENING
- Arrived at Three Mile Cross it was no surprise to find it no longer recognizable as the hamlet described in Our Village but it was saddening to look at the cottage in which Mary Russell Mitford lived and was on the whole very happy with her flowers and work for thirty years of her life in its present degraded state - "Afoot in England" by W.H. Hudson
- You will alternate between fear and hope according to the temporary predominance of saddening or cheerful ideas but both these feelings will urge you to complete the work in hand that you may see your own powers reflected in it and measure them more exactly - "The Intellectual Life" by =Philip Gilbert Hamerton
- There were better days then and never did I think that I'd come to be a wrecker on Sable Island said he and the remembrance of those better days evidently gave him saddening thoughts for he relapsed into the moody silence that was his wont - "The Wreckers of Sable Island" by J. Macdonald Oxley
- A deep purpose of self devotion was growing up in his soul but without saddening him only rendering him more energetic and cheerful than his sister had ever known him - "The Caged Lion" by Charlotte M. Yonge
- But duty is there we must go on and do our tasks without saddening those who suffer with us - "The George Sand-Gustave Flaubert Letters" by George Sand, Gustave Flaubert Translated by A.L. McKensie