How Do You Spell SEPARATES?
Correct spelling for the English word "separates" is [ sˈɛpəɹˌe͡ɪts] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for separates
Below is the list of 8 misspellings for the word "separates". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- seperate (1.1%)
- seperats (0.7%)
- seporates (0.4%)
- seperates (96.6%)
- seprates (0.4%)
- sperates (0.2%)
- separetes (0.4%)
- separtes (0.4%)
Usage Examples for separates
- She had had the satisfaction of seeing Elvira restored in a great degree to health, but so capricious and fantastic were the bright little lady's words and actions that it was impossible to say whether or not she had slipped across the wavering line that separates the sane from the insane. - "The Mormon Prophet" by Lily Dougall
- Thus the time employed in going over the distance between the neutral point and the South Pole must be equal to the distance which separates the South Pole from the neutral point. - "The Moon-Voyage" by Jules Verne
- He then separates or rather turns back the divided parts; and having put on a bandage, proceeds to perform the same operation on the other lads. - "A General History and Collection of Voyages and Travels, Volume 16" by Robert Kerr
- This is what separates the case in question from any parallel cases of novelists cut off in the act of creation. - "Appreciations and Criticisms of the Works of Charles Dickens" by G. K. Chesterton
- Just a short passage separates her from him. - "Witness For The Defence" by A.E.W. Mason