How Do You Spell SHORE?
Correct spelling for the English word "shore" is [ ʃˈɔː] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for shore
Below is the list of 8 misspellings for the word "shore". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- shere (4.8%)
- shor (33.3%)
- shoure (21.4%)
- shoree (9.5%)
- shure (2.4%)
- shour (23.8%)
- sorre (2.4%)
- shaw (2.4%)
Usage Examples for shore
- What is that I see on the shore - "Myths and Folk Tales of Ireland" by Jeremiah Curtin
- Yours does; what profits are there in shrimps or in gold picked up by daily labour, on account of the labourer, on the sea- shore - "Letters of David Ricardo to Thomas Robert Malthus, 1810-1823" by David Ricardo
- On the shore there was great excitement; he wondered what it meant. - "Pelle the Conqueror, Vol. 2" by Martin Anderson Nexo
- A small boat leaving shore - "The Mystery of the Hasty Arrow" by Anna Katharine Green
- They want to get rid of you, so, to save your life, I must send you on shore - "The Madman and the Pirate" by R.M. Ballantyne