How Do You Spell SILVER?
Correct spelling for the English word "silver" is [ sˈɪlvə] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for silver
Below is the list of 11 misspellings for the word "silver". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- slver (1.2%)
- silve (9.9%)
- silever (1.2%)
- siver (38.3%)
- siler (3.7%)
- siller (0.6%)
- silvr (2.5%)
- siliver (3.1%)
- sivler (36.4%)
- sillver (2.5%)
- silva (0.6%)
Usage Examples for silver
- Her neck rose strong and stately over the silver clasp of a cloak which she had thrown back from her shoulders. - "Hyacinth 1906" by George A. Birmingham
- The cloud passed from off the moon's face, the light shone out once more, turning the sand to silver - "The Good Comrade" by Una L. Silberrad
- And he handed her a silver dollar and walked away. - "They of the High Trails" by Hamlin Garland
- Our silver monnaie d'appoint of . - "The History of Currency, 1252 to 1896" by William Arthur Shaw
- If somebody has him in a cage I shall be sure to find him; and I will take my own silver quarter to buy him back. - "Mother Stories" by Maud Lindsay