How Do You Spell TABOOS?
Correct spelling for the English word "Taboos" is [tabˈuːz], [tabˈuːz], [t_a_b_ˈuː_z]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for TABOOS
Below is the list of 35 misspellings for the word "taboos". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for TABOOS
- Taboos were good manners - "Gargoyles" by Ben Hecht
- For Janet had been born in an age which is rapidly discarding blanket morality and taboos which has as yet to achieve the morality of scientific knowledge of the individual instance - "The Dwelling Place of Light, Complete" by Winston Churchill Last Updated: March 5, 2009
- Aside from their propensity for sharp trading their bigoted refusal to regard anybody not of their creed as more than half human and the maze of dietary and other taboos in which they hid from social contact with others made them generally disliked - "Space Viking" by Henry Beam Piper
- By the middle of the nineteenth century when Shaw was born this dim and barbaric element in Puritanism being all that remained of it had added another taboo to its philosophy of taboos there had grown up a mystical horror of those fermented drinks which are part of the food of civilised mankind - "George Bernard Shaw" by Gilbert K. Chesterton
- The story of the American Indian is despite taboos and squalor a story of harmonizations with nature - "Guide to Life and Literature of the Southwest" by J. Frank Dobie