How Do You Spell ULTRAVIOLET?
Correct spelling for the English word "ultraviolet" is [ˌʊltɹɐvˈa͡ɪ͡ələt], [ˌʊltɹɐvˈaɪələt], [ˌʊ_l_t_ɹ_ɐ_v_ˈaɪə_l_ə_t]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ULTRAVIOLET
Below is the list of 17 misspellings for the word "ultraviolet". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for ULTRAVIOLET
- He showed us the inoculation and culture room for tissue culture as well as the ultraviolet tube where the mother spawn is prepared - "Free from School" by Rahul Alvares
- Say did that violet tone in the glass come from the high Cleveland hydrogen bomb or is it just age and ultraviolet like desert glass - "The Creature from Cleveland Depths" by Fritz Reuter Leiber
- But public places are bad for ultraviolet - "Tangle Hold" by F. L. Wallace
- It doesn't filter out ultraviolet it beefs up the skin to better deal with the insult - "How and When to Be Your Own Doctor" by Dr. Isabelle A. Moser with Steve Solomon
- But some of the blue glow was almost certainly due to ionization of the air by the hard ultraviolet - "Anything You Can Do ..." by Gordon Randall Garrett