How Do You Spell UMBILICAL?
Correct spelling for the English word "umbilical" is [ʌmbˈɪlɪkə͡l], [ʌmbˈɪlɪkəl], [ʌ_m_b_ˈɪ_l_ɪ_k_əl]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for UMBILICAL
Below is the list of 30 misspellings for the word "umbilical". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for UMBILICAL
- In Bombay it is a popular remedy for the mild dysentery of children given as a decoction of 3 or 4 leaves with a little cumin seed and sugar the bruised leaves are then applied to the umbilical region - "The Medicinal Plants of the Philippines" by T. H. Pardo de Tavera
- R and Q Situations where the direct inguinal hernia occurs when as in this case the umbilical ligament crosses the space named the internal fossa the triangle of Hesselbach - "Surgical Anatomy" by Joseph Maclise
- 2 Blood vessels passing through the umbilical cord in a human fetus - "Special Report on Diseases of Cattle" by U.S. Department of Agriculture J.R. Mohler
- Q An interval which occasionally occurs between the umbilical ligament and the epigastric artery - "Surgical Anatomy" by Joseph Maclise
- He would certainly though Sir Thomas Browne denied it display an 'omphalos' yet no umbilical cord had ever attached him to a mother - "Father and Son" by Edmund Gosse