How Do You Spell UMBILICUS?
Correct spelling for the English word "umbilicus" is [ʌmbˈɪlɪkəs], [ʌmbˈɪlɪkəs], [ʌ_m_b_ˈɪ_l_ɪ_k_ə_s]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for UMBILICUS
Below is the list of 28 misspellings for the word "umbilicus". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for UMBILICUS
- This defective and abnormal condition of the umbilicus is frequently hereditary - "Special Report on Diseases of Cattle" by U.S. Department of Agriculture J.R. Mohler
- The umbilicus A indicates pretty generally the level at which the aorta bifurcates on the forepart of the lumbar vertebrae - "Surgical Anatomy" by Joseph Maclise
- Injuries received during parturition stoppage of the milk ducts and infection of the umbilicus in the newly born are also frequent causes of pyemia - "Special Report on Diseases of Cattle" by U.S. Department of Agriculture J.R. Mohler
- Care should always be exercised in washing the umbilicus - "The Mother and Her Child" by William S. Sadler Lena K. Sadler
- Our capital city unlike London or Paris is not a great central heart from which life and vigor radiate to the extremities but resembles more an isolated umbilicus stuck down as near as may be to the centre of the land and seeming rather to tell a legend of former usefulness than to serve any present need - "The Function Of The Poet And Other Essays" by James Russell Lowell