How Do You Spell UMBRELLAS?
Correct spelling for the English word "umbrellas" is [ʌmbɹˈɛləz], [ʌmbɹˈɛləz], [ʌ_m_b_ɹ_ˈɛ_l_ə_z]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for UMBRELLAS
Below is the list of 28 misspellings for the word "umbrellas". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for UMBRELLAS
- But toadstools and umbrellas hadn't been invented - "Furze the Cruel" by John Trevena
- Hail mingled with the rain and now the few umbrellas that had braved the storm vanished and the hurtling ice crackled upon the pavement where the lightning played like flames burning from the earth while the thunder roared overhead without ceasing - "Entire PG Edition of The Works of William Dean Howells" by William Dean Howells
- In an unhappy moment in 1847 Punch proposed the use of umbrellas and house fronts for advertising purposes and the hint was promptly taken - "The History of "Punch"" by M. H. Spielmann
- Some of them had boots but the ones whose feet were only broomsticks or umbrellas found the open work iron stairs very awkward - "The Enchanted Castle" by E. Nesbit
- Bonnets umbrellas and buckets of beer Please us and tickle us quite to the choke - "Tobogganing On Parnassus" by Franklin P. Adams