How Do You Spell UMPTEENTH?
Correct spelling for the English word "umpteenth" is [ˈʌmptiːnθ], [ˈʌmptiːnθ], [ˈʌ_m_p_t_iː_n_θ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for UMPTEENTH
Below is the list of 8 misspellings for the word "umpteenth". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for UMPTEENTH
- The next heading is Dispositions The advanced guard will consist of one troop of the Missinabee Horse and one company of the Umpteenth Battalion - "From the St. Lawrence to the Yser with the 1st Canadian brigade" by Frederic C. Curry
- Or maybe I did when for the umpteenth time I suggested she should marry me - "Lighter Than You Think" by Nelson Bond
- She had dreams of a large family with many children and in laws but not hopefully as just the umpteenth wife of some fat old curser - "Si'Wren of the Patriarchs" by Roland Cheney
- Course I could plead with her for the umpteenth time to try pourin' from the button hand side but it would have been simpler to have worn a head guard durin' meals - "The House of Torchy" by Sewell Ford
- For the umpteenth time as Mr Ellerton would say that man doesn't care two pence about me Golden - "The Disturbing Charm" by Berta Ruck