How Do You Spell VAGRANTS?
Correct spelling for the English word "vagrants" is [v_ˈeɪ_ɡ_ɹ_ə_n_t_s], [vˈe͡ɪɡɹənts], [vˈeɪɡɹənts]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for VAGRANTS
Below is the list of 14 misspellings for the word "vagrants". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for VAGRANTS
- The four others were dark eyed hardy little vagrants this child was thin and very fair - "Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus" by Mary Wollstonecraft (Godwin) Shelley
- In the case of vagrants and thieves it has just been seen that the proportion amounted to four per cent - "Crime and Its Causes" by William Douglas Morrison
- He could bite and occasionally did bite his victims being always selected with judgment and discretion generally vagrants emboldened to insolence by seeing no men about the kitchen when all hands were out mustering or busy on the run - "A Little Bush Maid" by Mary Grant Bruce
- We can think wrote Mr Brace before his death of little Five Points thieves who are now ministers of the gospel or honest farmers vagrants and street children who are men in professional life and women who as teachers or wives of good citizens are everywhere respected the children of outcasts or unfortunates whose inherited tendencies have been met by the new environment and who are industrious and decent members of society - "The Children of the Poor" by Jacob A. Riis
- Although originally intended for vagrants early in the 18th century it was turned into a house of detention for criminals - "Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Who have been Condemned and Executed for Murder, the Highway, Housebreaking, Street Robberies, Coining or other offences" by Arthur L. Hayward