How Do You Spell VAGUS?
Correct spelling for the English word "vagus" is [v_ˈa_ɡ_ə_s], [vˈaɡəs], [vˈaɡəs]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for VAGUS
- The cell bodies of the inhibitory fibers are located in the bulb from where their fibers pass to the heart as a part of the vagus nerve - "Physiology and Hygiene for Secondary Schools" by Francis M. Walters, A.M.
- These act upon the vagus so as to stimulate the heart but above all they act upon the mind and nothing so stimulates the heart as reawakened hope - "Psychotherapy" by James J. Walsh
- The vagus and recurrent nerves have been successfully sutured after having been divided accidentally - "Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities--Head--Neck. Sixth Edition." by Alexander Miles Alexis Thomson
- It is usually said that this action is a consequence of the reflex from the terminal filaments of the vagus nerve running back and reflected down again to the heart - "Psychotherapy" by James J. Walsh
- The chief nerve of respiration also called the vagus or wandering nerve - "A Practical Physiology" by Albert F. Blaisdell