How Do You Spell VAILE?
Correct spelling for the English word "Vaile" is [v_ˈeɪ_l], [vˈe͡ɪl], [vˈeɪl]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for VAILE
- So that the darkned night her starrie vaile Vpon the bloudie sea had ouer spred Whilst yet they held and hardlie hardlie then They fell to flieng on the wauie plaine - "A Discourse of Life and Death, by Mornay; and Antonius by Garnier" by Philippe de Mornay Robert Garnier
- 90 With that she gan to vaile her head Her cheekes were like the Roses red but not a word she sayd - "Minor Poems of Michael Drayton" by Michael Drayton
- But now the time approached of Psyches marriage preparation was made blacke torches were lighted the pleasant songs were turned into pittifull cries the melody of Hymeneus was ended with deadly howling the maid that should be married did wipe her eyes with her vaile - "The Golden Asse" by Lucius Apuleius
- Mr S L Vaile President New Zealand Booksellers' Association - "Report of the Special Committee on Moral Delinquency in Children and Adolescents The Mazengarb Report (1954)" by Oswald Chettle Mazengarb et al.
- Thus roving on In confused march forlorn th' adventurous Bands With shuddering horror pale and eyes aghast Viewed first their lamentable lot and found No rest through many a dark and drearie Vaile They passed and many a Region dolorous - "The Captives" by Hugh Walpole