How Do You Spell VOLCANIC?
Correct spelling for the English word "volcanic" is [v_ɒ_l_k_ˈa_n_ɪ_k], [vɒlkˈanɪk], [vɒlkˈanɪk]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for VOLCANIC
Below is the list of 40 misspellings for the word "volcanic". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for VOLCANIC
- He died in 1874 and notwithstanding his incessant literary activity during his life various unpublished works have appeared since one of which describing the hunger pinched population of the Riviera is a masterpiece of his volcanic style - "A Short History of French Literature" by George Saintsbury
- These few sentences describe the general character of the products of volcanic activity - "COSMOS: A Sketch of the Physical Description of the Universe, Vol. 1" by Alexander von Humboldt
- A great show of uphove rocks and fragments of ice might have satisfied the eye but the real work of the mines was wanted below and since the force of the mighty explosion must needs expend itself somewhere it was absurd to wish to see its effects in a part where its volcanic agency would be of little or no use - "The Frozen Pirate" by W. Clark Russell
- The Atlantic Community grows not like a volcanic mountain by one mighty explosion but like a coral reef from the accumulating activity of all - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present" by Various
- Showers of fishes however do occur which cannot be connected with volcanic agency - "The Romance of Natural History, Second Series" by Philip Henry Gosse