How Do You Spell WAINSCOTING?
Correct spelling for the English word "wainscoting" is [w_ˈeɪ_n_s_k_əʊ_t_ɪ_ŋ], [wˈe͡ɪnskə͡ʊtɪŋ], [wˈeɪnskəʊtɪŋ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for WAINSCOTING
Below is the list of 9 misspellings for the word "wainscoting". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for WAINSCOTING
- There were pictures on the walls which were now more covered with damask brocade silk and wallpaper hung and plain paint than by wood wainscoting - "Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed." by S. A. Reilly
- We all know how impossible sleep becomes with a rustle of a mouse in the wastepaper basket or the scratching of one on the wainscoting - "Psychotherapy" by James J. Walsh
- As he fell he pitched still further back in his effort to save himself and his head struck the wainscoting as he reached the floor - "A Man and a Woman" by Stanley Waterloo
- When these were removed it was discovered that there was a very fine wainscoting - "Remodeled Farmhouses" by Mary H. Northend
- Incidentally I may mention that when I thus took an observation of the parlour I noticed that on an old oak chest standing by the wainscoting and immediately behind the Mayor's chair and desk lay the rapier which was produced at the inquest and with which he undoubtedly was killed - "In the Mayor's Parlour" by J. S. (Joseph Smith) Fletcher