How Do You Spell WAISTBAND?
Correct spelling for the English word "waistband" is [w_ˈeɪ_s_t_b_a_n_d], [wˈe͡ɪstband], [wˈeɪstband]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for WAISTBAND
Below is the list of 19 misspellings for the word "waistband". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for WAISTBAND
- The rent was a long one extending diagonally from the waistband to the bottom hem - "Lalage's Lovers 1911" by George A. Birmingham
- There is a net deficit of eight tragic inches and eight inches short in one waistband is a catastrophe - "The Martial Adventures of Henry and Me" by William Allen White
- I shall believe it when I see you take yourself up by the waistband and carry yourself about the room - "A Budget of Paradoxes, Volume II (of II)" by Augustus de Morgan
- The buttons on the backs of these came high up between the shoulders and the tails did not reach below the waistband - "Saunterings" by Charles Dudley Warner Last Updated: February 22, 2009
- Now you do not feel them on you the slight pressure of the elastic waistband is no longer there against your waist - "Hall of Mirrors" by Fredric Brown