How Do You Spell WAISTED?
Correct spelling for the English word "waisted" is [w_ˈeɪ_s_t_ɪ_d], [wˈe͡ɪstɪd], [wˈeɪstɪd]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for WAISTED
- They had now reached the airy dwelling where Mrs Macshake resided and having rung the door was at length most deliberately opened by an ancient sour visaged long waisted female who ushered them into an apartment the coup d'oeil of which struck a chill to Mary's heart - "Marriage" by Susan Edmonstone Ferrier
- A man still young slim waisted wearing a blue coat and his hair powdered with a big dog at his heels stopped to listen to the rustic music - "The Gods are Athirst" by Anatole France
- The sight of this emotion was reassuring but its source was a mystery for it had seemed to the playwright that the wasp waisted youth's remarks though horribly damaging to the cheap little Canbys with their cheap little Roderick Hanscoms were on the whole rather flattering to the subject of them and betokened a real interest in his career - "Harlequin and Columbine" by Booth Tarkington
- Her blonde friend was shorter narrow waisted and well built - "Joe Burke's Last Stand" by John Moncure Wetterau
- She covered the plain tight waisted bodice with dancing flowers in blue and green - "The Happy Foreigner" by Enid Bagnold