How Do You Spell WASHED?
Correct spelling for the English word "washed" is [ wˈɒʃt] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for washed
Below is the list of 5 misspellings for the word "washed". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- wahed (15.4%)
- wased (23.1%)
- wahsed (15.4%)
- washe (30.8%)
- whashed (15.4%)
Usage Examples for washed
- And again her blood, as with a wave of rich emotion, washed out the blank spot. - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith" by George Meredith
- I was a cadet with Tom Corbett and Astro, sir, but I washed out. - "Treachery in Outer Space" by Carey Rockwell and Louis Glanzman
- From the picture that I carry about in my memory of this morning I cannot help the impression that they looked as if their white were not natural at all; they looked white- washed - "Over Prairie Trails" by Frederick Philip Grove
- Washed it this noon and hung it out on a line and forgot all about it. - "The Iron Furrow" by George C. Shedd
- You see the porter has washed the stones this morning. - "The Heart of Rome" by Francis Marion Crawford