How Do You Spell WEST?
Correct spelling for the English word "west" is [ wˈɛst] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for west
Below is the list of 11 misspellings for the word "west". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- w (18.6%)
- wast (23.3%)
- wester (2.3%)
- wset (2.3%)
- weat (14.0%)
- wsest (4.7%)
- wes (14.0%)
- wests (9.3%)
- est (4.7%)
- westside (2.3%)
- westq (4.7%)
Usage Examples for west
- I'll go out to his wonderful West and see what he meant by them. - "The Call of the Canyon" by Zane Grey
- " The three caravels will sail west Danny told her. - "My Shipmate--Columbus" by Stephen Wilder
- " I've done," said West - "A Dash from Diamond City" by George Manville Fenn
- For all that, I think I'll start east, and then get on to a west bound train at a station down the line. - "Carmen's Messenger" by Harold Bindloss
- In the West Diddlesex, sir? - "The History of Samuel Titmarsh and the Great Hoggarty Diamond" by William Makepeace Thackeray