How Do You Spell XERXES?
Correct spelling for the English word "Xerxes" is [z_ˈɜː_k_s_ɪ_z], [zˈɜːksɪz], [zˈɜːksɪz]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for XERXES
Below is the list of 18 misspellings for the word "xerxes". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for XERXES
- Alexander observing a large statue of Xerxes which had been thrown down and was being carelessly trampled upon by the soldiers as they pressed into the royal palace stopped and addressed it as though it were alive - "Plutarch's Lives Volume III." by Plutarch
- But wave and wind swept ruthless on For they were monarchs there And Xerxes in a single bark Where late his thousand ships were dark Must all their fury dare - "The American Union Speaker" by John D. Philbrick
- Further we find not only in the fragments of Ctesias which have come down to us but also in the narratives of Herodotus and other Greeks concerning the fortunes of the Medes and Persians down to the great war of Xerxes against the Hellenes remains and traces of poems which can only have been sung amongst the Medes and Persians - "The History of Antiquity, Vol. II (of VI)" by Max Duncker
- But is Xerxes the man to command this host - "A Victor of Salamis" by William Stearns Davis
- Xerxes hearing thus was much alarmed and retired in all haste - "Plutarch's Lives, Volume I (of 4)" by Plutarch