How Do You Spell XYLOPHONE?
Correct spelling for the English word "xylophone" is [z_ˈaɪ_l_ə_f_ˌəʊ_n], [zˈa͡ɪləfˌə͡ʊn], [zˈaɪləfˌəʊn]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for XYLOPHONE
Below is the list of 25 misspellings for the word "xylophone". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for XYLOPHONE
- Most surprising of all however was a tinkling tattoo of musical notes as if a dryad within were tapping out woodland melodies on a xylophone - "Old Plymouth Trails" by Winthrop Packard
- What's your instrument of torture the xylophone - "Shorty McCabe on the Job" by Sewell Ford
- It thrashed its bony arms impatiently and its ribs rattled like a xylophone - "Tales Of Puritan Land Myths And Legends Of Our Own Land, Volume 4." by Charles M. Skinner
- At every shipping point in the West industrious little mallets were knocking away on the Xylophone of Doubt all playing the same tune Just Kiss Yourself Good Bye - "Deep Furrows" by Hopkins Moorhouse
- The songs of the pines went with me especially the tinkling xylophone dance music of the dryad deep within the ancient trunk - "Old Plymouth Trails" by Winthrop Packard