How Do You Spell YACHTS?
Correct spelling for the English word "yachts" is [ jˈɒts] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for yachts
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "yachts". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- yatchs (87.5%)
- yatch (12.5%)
Usage Examples for yachts
- One often sees articles on and interviews with millionaires, which describe their private railroad cars, their steam yachts on the Hudson, their marble stables, and so on, and so on. - "The Grand Babylon Hotel" by Arnold Bennett
- Near by, big lazy steamers, sullen and dull, rested motionless at Quarantine, awaiting inspection; while beyond, white- winged graceful yachts curved tufts of foam from their bows. - "Tom Grogan" by F. Hopkinson Smith
- We had decided to rise side by side and to buy the same make of yachts - "At Good Old Siwash" by George Fitch
- His absurdity was, perhaps, the more evident, inasmuch as 'reality' for him was a matter of kitchen ranges, of saving a few shillings; but in truth the folly would have been greater if it had been concerned with racing stables, steam yachts and the spending of many thousand pounds. - "The House of Souls" by Arthur Machen
- They consisted of almost anything which the hard- pressed navies could assemble from all parts of the world- antiquated destroyers, yachts sloops, trawlers, drifters, and the like. - "The Victory At Sea" by William Sowden Sims Burton J. Hendrick