How Do You Spell YACHTS?
Correct spelling for the English word "yachts" is [ jˈɒts] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for yachts
Below is the list of 14 misspellings for the word "yachts". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for yachts
- One often sees articles on and interviews with millionaires, which describe their private railroad cars, their steam yachts on the Hudson, their marble stables, and so on, and so on. - "The Grand Babylon Hotel" by Arnold Bennett
- Near by, big lazy steamers, sullen and dull, rested motionless at Quarantine, awaiting inspection; while beyond, white- winged graceful yachts curved tufts of foam from their bows. - "Tom Grogan" by F. Hopkinson Smith
- We had decided to rise side by side and to buy the same make of yachts - "At Good Old Siwash" by George Fitch
- His absurdity was, perhaps, the more evident, inasmuch as 'reality' for him was a matter of kitchen ranges, of saving a few shillings; but in truth the folly would have been greater if it had been concerned with racing stables, steam yachts and the spending of many thousand pounds. - "The House of Souls" by Arthur Machen
- They consisted of almost anything which the hard- pressed navies could assemble from all parts of the world- antiquated destroyers, yachts sloops, trawlers, drifters, and the like. - "The Victory At Sea" by William Sowden Sims Burton J. Hendrick