How Do You Spell YAHWEH?
Correct spelling for the English word "yahweh" is [ jˈɑːwe͡ɪ] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for yahweh
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "yahweh". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- yaweh (25.0%)
- yhwh (41.7%)
- yehweh (33.3%)
Usage Examples for yahweh
- The name of Yahweh is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. - "The Approach to Philosophy" by Ralph Barton Perry
- 28. 604 Duhm and Cornill take as original only 6- 15; Giesebrecht reasonably adds 16, Ah Lord Yahweh in 17, 24, 25, and in the main 26- 44, from which probably more deductions should be made than he makes. - "Jeremiah" by George Adam Smith
- Passing over its obscure beginnings in the primitive Semitic cult, we find this religion first clearly defined as tribal self- interest sanctioned by Yahweh - "The Approach to Philosophy" by Ralph Barton Perry
- In the latter for four hundred years no deity of the land had been worshipped save Yahweh and He in no material form. - "Jeremiah" by George Adam Smith
- To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to Yahweh than sacrifice. - "The Approach to Philosophy" by Ralph Barton Perry