How Do You Spell YANKED?
Correct spelling for the English word "Yanked" is [j_ˈa_ŋ_k_t], [jˈaŋkt], [jˈaŋkt]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for YANKED
Below is the list of 41 misspellings for the word "yanked". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for YANKED
- Oh I just yanked it off the other fellow - "The-Circus-Boys-Across-the-Continent-or-Winning-New-Laurels-on-the-Tanbark" by Darlington, Edgar B. P.
- It was an amazed youth who was yanked unceremoniously into the room by the coat collar while the irate Nickleby blazed forth anew - "Every Man for Himself" by Hopkins Moorhouse
- I dunno how it happened but a coil of the line whipped roun' my leg and I was yanked on to the broad of my back into the river with that eagle 'twixt me and the blue sky - "Tales from the Veld" by Ernest Glanville
- As he was yanked unceremoniously out of that creek Roosevelt subsequently remarked he did not seem to be very thankful - "Roosevelt in the Bad Lands" by Hermann Hagedorn
- He might have yanked me off with him - "Andiron Tales" by John Kendrick Bangs