How Do You Spell YANKED?
Correct spelling for the English word "yanked" is [ jˈaŋkt] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Yanked
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "Yanked". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- janked (33.3%)
- yancked (66.7%)
Usage Examples for Yanked
- " Oh, I just yanked it off the other fellow. - "The-Circus-Boys-Across-the-Continent-or-Winning-New-Laurels-on-the-Tanbark" by Darlington, Edgar B. P.
- It was an amazed youth who was yanked unceremoniously into the room by the coat- collar while the irate Nickleby blazed forth anew. - "Every Man for Himself" by Hopkins Moorhouse
- I dunno how it happened, but a coil of the line whipped roun' my leg, and I was yanked on to the broad of my back into the river, with that eagle 'twixt me and the blue sky. - "Tales from the Veld" by Ernest Glanville
- " As he was yanked unceremoniously out of that creek," Roosevelt subsequently remarked, " he did not seem to be very thankful." - "Roosevelt in the Bad Lands" by Hermann Hagedorn
- He might have yanked me off with him." - "Andiron Tales" by John Kendrick Bangs