How Do You Spell YANKEE?
Correct spelling for the English word "yankee" is [j_ˈa_ŋ_k_iː], [jˈaŋkiː], [jˈaŋkiː]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for YANKEE
Below is the list of 26 misspellings for the word "yankee". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for YANKEE
- The Yankee pickets thinking that the rebels were advancing became uneasy and fired in return - "Winning His Way" by Charles Carleton Coffin
- Then there was a little box by itself with one rose geranium in it which seemed to look around the garden as much like a stranger as a French dancing master in a Yankee meeting house - "The May Flower, and Miscellaneous Writings" by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- And Dan's Yankee story - "April Hopes" by William Dean Howells Last Updated: February 27, 2009
- Ah that's a regular Yankee word presume said Hinkle - "Entire PG Edition of The Works of William Dean Howells" by William Dean Howells
- Over all looked forth a face sharp and hard that might have once been good looking in a raw country fashion and that had undoubtedly always been what it now was emphatically Yankee smart - "A Summer in Leslie Goldthwaite's Life." by Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney