How Do You Spell YANKEES?
Correct spelling for the English word "yankees" is [ jˈaŋkiːz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Yankees
Below is the list of 22 misspellings for the word "Yankees". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for Yankees
- The subject was rather a painful one to the Lieutenant, for during his visit to the Osbornes the week before, when he tried to make himself agreeable to the daughter, the lady told him in very plain words what she thought of Yankees - "Raiding with Morgan" by Byron A. Dunn
- You Yankees cayn't un'stan' ow Southe'n weatheh, seh!" - "John March, Southerner" by George W. Cable
- We shall whip the Yankees before we starve." - "The Crisis, Volume 6" by Winston Churchill
- The Yankees want low price, that's all; they don't stand so much for goodness as the English. - "Domestic Manners of the Americans" by Fanny Trollope
- " And the reason our papers didn't speak of it is because we don't want the Yankees to be on the watch for him when he comes back," continued the citizen. - "Marcy The Blockade Runner" by Harry Castlemon