How Do You Spell YAWED?
Correct spelling for the English word "yawed" is [ jˈɔːd] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Yawed
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "Yawed". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- wywud (50.0%)
- yawend (50.0%)
Usage Examples for Yawed
- The Warsaw yawed slackened speed, and came to a stop, her turret- guns still speaking, but the secondary guns silent. - ""Where Angels Fear to Tread" and Other Stories of the Sea" by Morgan Robertson
- But several times the Chesapeake yawed and fell off her course as if she had lost her head, like a man dizzy from a blow that deadens the brain. - "Yankee Ships and Yankee Sailors: Tales of 1812" by James Barnes
- Nature had stuck a philosophic head, with finely- cut features, and a mouth brimful of finesse, on to a corpulent and ungraceful body, that yawed from side to side as he walked. - "Put Yourself in His Place" by Charles Reade
- Her team yawed away, and as he swept near again, behind his pack of whimpering, straining, furious dogs, she heard him shouting, You know, that old cart! - "Marriage" by H. G. Wells
- Only she yawed and swung away from us as if she would pass us, and at that Dalfin cried out, while I paid off fast to follow her, and again Bertric hailed. - "A Sea Queen's Sailing" by Charles Whistler