How Do You Spell YAWNED?
Correct spelling for the English word "yawned" is [ jˈɔːnd] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Yawned
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "Yawned". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- yawend (33.3%)
- jawned (66.7%)
Usage Examples for Yawned
- He yawned and put the letter in his pocket. - "Abroad with the Jimmies" by Lilian Bell
- After a while Jacket yawned and sighed and grumbled under his breath. - "Rainbow's End" by Rex Beach
- The young man who was watching these proceedings yawned - "A Maker of History" by E. Phillips Oppenheim
- She sighed; then she yawned - "Countess Erika's Apprenticeship" by Ossip Schubin
- Really, my dear, no necessity for you, began Mr. Jervaise, yawned more or less politely behind a very white, well- kept hand, and concluded, no necessity for you or Olive to stay up; none whatever. - "The Jervaise Comedy" by J. D. Beresford