How Do You Spell YEARLING?
Correct spelling for the English word "yearling" is [j_ˈiə_l_ɪ_ŋ], [jˈi͡əlɪŋ], [jˈiəlɪŋ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for YEARLING
Below is the list of 34 misspellings for the word "yearling". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for YEARLING
- Susannah used to go out upon sunny days with her sturdy yearling talking to all mothers Gentile or Mormon who carried little children - "The Mormon Prophet" by Lily Dougall
- Yes bluff Johnny Bull will be tame as a yearling Beg pardon and humbly come down with his sterling - "The Feast of the Virgins and Other Poems" by H. L. Gordon
- The eagle doubtless had his eye upon the yearling though he would probably have been quite satisfied to have driven one of the older ones down a precipice - "Ways of Nature" by John Burroughs
- But they met wolves fighting for all that made the Pack and not only the short high deep chested white tusked hunters of the Pack but the anxious eyed lahinis the she wolves of the lair as the saying is fighting for their litters with here and there a yearling wolf his first coat still half woolly tugging and grappling by their sides - "The Second Jungle Book" by Rudyard Kipling
- The doctor was a sallow taciturn man with a saturnine face eyebrows like frosted thistles a mouth as if made with one quick knife slash and a head nearly bald set on a neck that would not have disqualified a yearling ox - "The Valiants of Virginia" by Hallie Erminie Rives