How Do You Spell YEARNED?
Correct spelling for the English word "yearned" is [ jˈɜːnd] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Yearned
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "Yearned". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- yerned (100.0%)
Usage Examples for Yearned
- In the depths of her being she knew that Diana had yearned to love her, and had not been able. - "The Testing of Diana Mallory" by Mrs. Humphry Ward
- The seaman's life was not for Bennietod, and he yearned to reach land as fervently as did St. George, though with other anxiety. - "Romance Island" by Zona Gale
- Hast thou not yearned for me? - "The Complete Works of Artemus Ward, Part 1" by Charles Farrar Browne
- He would not only have company in his dreary solitude, but, of all company, the very one he yearned for to comfort his heart. - "Lahoma" by John Breckinridge Ellis
- He yearned for the ideal; and I am sure he went down with that hope for humanity. - "An Anarchist Woman" by Hutchins Hapgood