How Do You Spell YEARNING?
Correct spelling for the English word "yearning" is [j_ˈɜː_n_ɪ_ŋ], [jˈɜːnɪŋ], [jˈɜːnɪŋ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for YEARNING
Below is the list of 38 misspellings for the word "yearning". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for YEARNING
- And as I now recall it all I know is that your gaze then seemed full of something which I can give a name to now though I did not understand it then the pathos and tenderness and yearning which come as I have been told from suffering and that your voice seemed to have the same message - "Aylwin" by Theodore Watts-Dunton
- Once more the ocean became nothing but a small pond across which their yearning lightly swung a bridge - "Atlantis" by Gerhart Hauptmann
- She had felt his yearning love for another now she was looking upon that other - "Jane Cable" by George Barr McCutcheon
- And yearning for her friend she wondered what had become of him - "The Nest of the Sparrowhawk" by Baroness Orczy
- Over the stern impassive features of Caleb Landor came a look of yearning tenderness - "Those Dale Girls" by Frank Weston Carruth