How Do You Spell YELLOWISH?
Correct spelling for the English word "yellowish" is [j_ˈɛ_l_əʊ_ɪ_ʃ], [jˈɛlə͡ʊɪʃ], [jˈɛləʊɪʃ]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for YELLOWISH
Below is the list of 6 misspellings for the word "yellowish". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for YELLOWISH
- She was greatly surprised when she saw him take from the cigar box a much soiled yellowish looking letter and she could not help feeling that in some way it concerned herself - "Tempest and Sunshine" by Mary J. Holmes
- She gazed up at him with immense yellowish brown eyes then fluttered her long black lashes in a way she had which was thrilling the first time you saw it - "The Golden Silence" by C. N. Williamson and A. M. Williamson
- The gills are narrow white or yellowish crowded and strongly decurrent - "Studies of American Fungi. Mushrooms, Edible, Poisonous, etc." by George Francis Atkinson
- In selecting plants take those which are short stiff hard and dark green in color with some purple color on the lower part of the stem rather than those which are softer and of a brighter green or those in which the foliage is of a yellowish green but in selection it must be remembered that varieties differ as to the color of foliage so that there may be a difference in shade which is not due to conditions - "Tomato Culture: A Practical Treatise on the Tomato" by William Warner Tracy
- When they become dry they assume a yellowish hue which subsequently changes into a dark brown - "The Book of Household Management" by Mrs. Isabella Beeton