How Do You Spell YELPED?
Correct spelling for the English word "yelped" is [ jˈɛlpt] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Yelped
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "Yelped". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- yellped (50.0%)
- yepled (50.0%)
Usage Examples for Yelped
- And the reason for that, not many knew: Andy, in the years before he wandered to the range, had danced, in spangled tights, upon the broad rump of a big gray horse which galloped around a saw- dust ring with the regularity of movement that suggested a machine, while a sober- clothed man in the center cracked a whip and yelped commands. - "The Happy Family" by Bertha Muzzy Bower
- So Argo barked and yelped and tore up and down undisturbed, followed by the pack in full chase after imaginary enemies. - "The Italians" by Frances Elliot
- Near them was squatting a Polish wolf in a red cap, who occasionally yelped out a silly, wild remark in a hoarse tone. - "Editorials-from-the-Hearst-Newspapers" by Brisbane, Arthur
- But she was so scared that she yelped as though the claws of both cats had torn her. - "The Corner House Girls at School" by Grace Brooks Hill
- The second bull yelped with an almost canine complaint as Jellico's blaster caught it head- on. - "Voodoo Planet" by Andrew North