How Do You Spell YOM?
Correct spelling for the English word "Yom" is [j_ˈɒ_m], [jˈɒm], [jˈɒm]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for YOM
Below is the list of 30 misspellings for the word "yom". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for YOM
- I'd like to see them do the black fast Yom Kippur - "Ulysses" by James Joyce
- They can understand and converse in Arabic after a fashion but when speaking amongst themselves none of our party Arab or European could make out anything they said and from such simple words as we were able to learn such for example as ouft for wadi a valley shur instead of yom for day and kho instead of nahr for a river we were led to believe that they speak an entirely different language and not a dialect as in the Hadhramout - "Southern Arabia" by Theodore Bent Mabel Bent
- A few days before Yom Kippur she said 'The more I read my Bible the more I am beginning to feel my being born a Jewess can never save me I must have something better than my fastings and prayers - "Some Jewish Witnesses For Christ" by Rev. A. Bernstein, B.D.
- His Yom Kippur was saved - "Children of the Tenements" by Jacob A. Riis
- Molly Brandeis in her second best dress walked to temple Yom Kippur eve her son at her right side her daughter at her left - "Fanny Herself" by Edna Ferber