How Do You Spell YOM?
Correct spelling for the English word "yom" is [ jˈɒm] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Yom
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "Yom". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- yo (100.0%)
Usage Examples for Yom
- I'd like to see them do the black fast Yom Kippur. - "Ulysses" by James Joyce
- They can understand and converse in Arabic after a fashion, but when speaking amongst themselves none of our party, Arab or European, could make out anything they said, and from such simple words as we were able to learn- such, for example, as ouft for wadi, a valley, shur instead of yom for day, and kho instead of nahr for a river- we were led to believe that they speak an entirely different language, and not a dialect as in the Hadhramout. - "Southern Arabia" by Theodore Bent Mabel Bent
- " A few days before Yom Kippur she said, 'The more I read my Bible, the more I am beginning to feel my being born a Jewess can never save me; I must have something better than my fastings and prayers. - "Some Jewish Witnesses For Christ" by Rev. A. Bernstein, B.D.
- His Yom Kippur was saved. - "Children of the Tenements" by Jacob A. Riis
- Molly Brandeis, in her second best dress, walked to temple Yom Kippur eve, her son at her right side, her daughter at her left. - "Fanny Herself" by Edna Ferber