How Do You Spell YONKERS?
Correct spelling for the English word "yonkers" is [ jˈɒŋkəz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Yonkers
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "Yonkers". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- younker (100.0%)
Usage Examples for Yonkers
- Well, the bird who bumped off this Miller got in by using a rope hooked around a chimney like you did- excuse me- like they alleged you did in Yonkers - "Death Points a Finger" by Will Levinrew
- Women were interesting, of course; they excited me at times, that girl at Yonkers - "Marriage" by H. G. Wells
- She stayed the month and then re- entered Yonkers - "The Hollow of Her Hand" by George Barr McCutcheon
- For the last forty years he has been one of the men who have most aided in the growth of Yonkers taking great interest in all questions pertaining to its government and school system. - "Inventors" by Philip Gengembre Hubert
- In that district, however, there are large cities, like Yonkers Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Hoboken, Bayonne. - "Public Opinion" by Walter Lippmann