How Do You Spell YOO?
Correct spelling for the English word "YOO" is [j_ˈuː], [jˈuː], [jˈuː]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for YOO
- 153 we see that the combination ew is an unstable combination that it has a tendency to become yoo and that the y in yoo has a tendency to change a d preceding into j in other words we see the reason why by many persons dew is pronounced jew - "The English Language" by Robert Gordon Latham
- Yoo hoo it's only me Kit - "Gaslight Sonatas" by Fannie Hurst
- I had not then noticed that the American pronunciation of Dewey is Dooey and that the liquid yoo is very seldom heard in America - "America To-day, Observations and Reflections" by William Archer
- No no tank yoo - "The Three Lieutenants" by W.H.G. Kingston
- Suspecting naught the husband went to the bushes and cried Yoo yoo - "Laos Folk-Lore of Farther India" by Katherine Neville Fleeson