How Do You Spell YS?
Correct spelling for the English word "ys" is [ wˈa͡ɪz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Usage Examples for Ys
- Four miles distant is the boundary of the Coeur d'Alene Reservation, a lovely tract, thirty by seventy miles in extent, embracing beautiful Coeur d'Alene Lake and the three rivers, St. Joseph, St. Marys, and Coeur d'Alene, which empty into it. - "Oregon, Washington and Alaska; Sights and Scenes for the Tourist" by E. L. Lomax
- There are Marys sitting in the house now, who are ready to arise and go forth is this work as soon as the message is brought, " the master is come and calleth for thee." - "The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Omnibus" by American Anti-Slavery Society
- Oh, you silly little Marys and Carolines. - "St. Peter's Umbrella" by Kálmán Mikszáth
- " We have lots of Marys. - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith" by George Meredith
- The luck of Ker- Ys to you and yours! - "The Maids of Paradise" by Robert W. (Robert William) Chambers