How Do You Spell ZANY?
Correct spelling for the English word "zany" is [ zˈe͡ɪni] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for zany
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "zany". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- zaney (66.7%)
- zanny (33.3%)
Usage Examples for zany
- And now me thinks we ape Augustus state, So ugly we his high worth imitate, Monkey his godlike glories; so that we Keep light and form with such deformitie, As I have seen an arrogant baboon With a small piece of glasse zany the sun. - "Lucasta" by Richard Lovelace
- " The crazy zany thinks he is the King," she said. - "The Proud Prince" by Justin Huntly McCarthy
- Before the curtain stood a Milanese quack, dressed like a noble gentleman, with sword and plumed hat, and rehearsing his cures in stentorian tones, while his zany in the short mask and green- and- white habit of Brighella, cracked jokes and turned hand- springs for the diversion of the vulgar. - "The Valley of Decision" by Edith Wharton
- I tell the poor old zany he sounds simple- minded himself and I can't make a lick of sense out of what he's said, except I know this village ain't spelled that way. - "Ma Pettengill" by Harry Leon Wilson
- To see him stand a- hammering and stammering like a zany But what signifies apologies, if they won't mend old Chaney! - "The Poetical Works of Thomas Hood" by Thomas Hood