How Do You Spell ZEALOTS?
Correct spelling for the English word "zealots" is [ zˈɛləts] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for zealots
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "zealots". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- zealotes (22.2%)
- zelotus (11.1%)
- zelots (66.7%)
Usage Examples for zealots
- Most men are capable of devotion to a worthy leader; few are ever zealots for the sake of a cause, a principle, a party, or a firm. - "Increasing-Human-Efficiency-in-Business-a-contribution-to-the-psychology-of-business" by Scott, Walter Dill
- Failing to come to an understanding with the ultra- Protestant zealots of Dublin, Pitt might have elicited a strong declaration from the many Irishmen who were in favour of Union. - "William Pitt and the Great War" by John Holland Rose
- The constables were resisted, the magistrates insulted, the houses of noted zealots attacked, and the prescribed service of the day openly read in the churches. - "The History of England from the Accession of James II. Volume 1 (of 5)" by Thomas Babington Macaulay
- According to himself " it fell dead- born from the press, without reaching such distinction as even to excite a murmur among the zealots - "Essays" by David Hume Commentator: Hannaford Bennett
- Both, therefore, have an equal hatred of sects and parties; Bacon of sophists and dogmatic philosophers, Shakespeare of Puritans and zealots - "The Mystery of Francis Bacon" by William T. Smedley