How Do You Spell ZEALOUS?
Correct spelling for the English word "zealous" is [ zˈɛləs] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for zealous
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "zealous". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- zelous (89.3%)
- zealious (7.1%)
- zelotus (3.6%)
Usage Examples for zealous
- Some zealous Bourbonists kissed their hands at risk of being trampled on. - "Story of My Life, volumes 1-3" by Augustus J. C. Hare
- And what parents would wish to see their children zealous for suffering? - "Letters of a Javanese Princess" by Raden Adjeng Kartini Commentator: Louis Couperus
- He may be a zealous advocate for the spread of knowledge;- but that is not education. - "A Practical Enquiry into the Philosophy of Education" by James Gall
- " Indeed it is my business, Miss Regina," interrupted the old nurse, zealous for her authority. - "Loyal to the School" by Angela Brazil
- The soph team was not quite so zealous but put in at least two afternoons a week at practice. - "Marjorie Dean, College Sophomore" by Pauline Lester