How Do You Spell ZEITGEIST?
Correct spelling for the English word "zeitgeist" is [ zˈa͡ɪtɡa͡ɪst] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for zeitgeist
Below is the list of 4 misspellings for the word "zeitgeist". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- zeitguiest (25.0%)
- zietguist (25.0%)
- zietgeist (25.0%)
- zeigeist (25.0%)
Usage Examples for zeitgeist
- It went on and vanished among the fronds of a distant island; but the calm had been broken, and through all the stems there ran a restless sense of anticipation, a zeitgeist of prophetic import. - "Edge of the Jungle" by William Beebe
- What's the matter with you in this here Zeitgeist that Carlyle talks about! - "In the Heart of a Fool" by William Allen White
- The newspaper, the 'National' School, and the Zeitgeist have answered to their own entire satisfaction that these things are imagination pure and simple. - "The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries" by W. Y. Evans Wentz
- The feeling one has for poetry, or the effect produced upon one by a particular artistic individuality, is the result of a hundred subtle influences that combine to give each one of us his private form and range of susceptibility; and this susceptibility itself varies with the Zeitgeist and with the age and nerve- state of the individual. - "The Life and Works of Friedrich Schiller" by Calvin Thomas
- Straight on ahead, where the line of swelling waves burst into breakers, where the spume sang like whip- lashes, and where the whine of the wind tore itself into a nasty snarl, lay the wreck of the schooner Zeitgeist - "Dan Merrithew" by Lawrence Perry