How Do You Spell ZEPHYR?
Correct spelling for the English word "zephyr" is [ zˈɛfə] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for zephyr
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "zephyr". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- zepher (75.0%)
- zephr (25.0%)
Usage Examples for zephyr
- What, then, must they do to a woman like Betty, whose whole beauty is a carefully built- up fabric, on which no sun must look, and no zephyr blow too inquisitively? - "Doctor Cupid" by Rhoda Broughton
- Don't mistake any thing that I have done as an indication of-" " Oh, Miss Newt," interrupted Zephyr how can you say such things? - "Trumps" by George William Curtis
- Their simple talk was a cool zephyr fanning Aminta. - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith" by George Meredith
- I once visited a man in the village of Brummana who had six daughters, whom he named Sun, Morning, Zephyr breeze, Jewelry, Agate, and Emerald. - "The Women of the Arabs" by Henry Harris Jessup
- I am therefore left to the tender mercies of the grooms; at least, I should have been, if Mr. Musgrave had not taken pity on me, and guided my uncertain feet and the petticoats, which Zephyr is doing his playful best to turn over my head, down the steep declivity of the ladder. - "Nancy A Novel" by Rhoda Broughton